Anyone who is freelancing knows that there are ups and downs in the workload. For me, this year, I get a lot of free time. It’s very easy to let yourself go; staying up past your best time, sleeping in in the morning, allowing the day go by with accomplishing anything. I am guilty of doing all of this. I have tried different tricks to face the laziness.
Here are a few that I would like to share with you:
- Stick to your schedule. Go to bed at your scheduled bedtime and wake up early like you would on a busy day.
- Learn a new skill. I know this one is not so easy. I try to learn a new platform, or I follow a webinar about graphic design and what is new in the field. I have learned a lot about social media trends during those past couples of weeks.
- Read. Find a book that has an interesting subject or even some fantasy books have some valuable life lessons. (My go-to book is the Alchemist).
- Do something fun. Cook, bake, paint, draw. Keep the creativity going.
- Plan for the future. I work on potential future promotions and make projections for the next month or quarter.
- I hope my tips can help you stay busy. But if you need to take a day to relax and recharge, be my guest.
That is all I have for today. If you have some tips of your own, please feel free to share them with me.